International Visitors

Individuals who are visiting the University as professors or research scholars from outside of the United States are issued Form DS-2019 by the Office of the General Counsel at Notre Dame, which will allow them to participate in the J-1 exchange program.

The Office of General Counsel determines the visa type by using the Immigration Request Form, filed by the department during the hiring process. If a J-1 is recommended, contact the International Student and Scholar Affairs Office. All other visa types go through General Counsel.

It is the responsibility of the visiting faculty member to obtain the necessary visa paperwork in order to work in the United States.