Faculty Teaching FAQ

How do I know where my class is?

Visit the Office of the Registrar's class search page.

How do I request a classroom?

Visit the Office of the Registrar's room reservation page.

Who should receive mid-semester deficiencies?

Any undergraduate student in your class performing unsatisfactorily (a grade of “D” or “F”) during the first half of the semester.

Does the deficiency become part of a student’s permanent record?


Why should I report a deficiency?

It is important to report a deficiency to make the student and deans aware of difficulties, to allow the student to receive necessary academic or psychological assistance, and/or to motivate the student to take responsibility for his or her academic well-being.

How do I submit my mid-semester deficiencies?

Consult the Office of the Registrar's mid-term grade reporting instructions.

How do I know the place and time of my final exam?

Visit the Office of the Registrar's exam resources page.

How many credits can a student transfer from summer school?

A student can transfer up to eight credits.

How many contact hours does a student need during the summer for the class to transfer?

Students need 42 hours for a three-credit course.

What should I do with my classes if I contract COVID?

You should isolate yourself for 5 days from the onset of symptoms and then wear a mask for an additional 5 days. If you feel well enough during the 5 days of isolation, you can take the entire class on Zoom during that period. If you have any questions, please contact Mary Flannery, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies.

Related Links

Office of the Registrar